Career and Technical Education (CTE)
The ICCB CTE staff provide guidance and support to the colleges on Postsecondary CTE related issues including: instructional programs; federal and state funding; and college programs and services. ICCB CTE staff provide leadership to the field through participation in a variety of state-level projects and initiatives including the development of statewide model curricula, development of programs of study, dual credit, the P-20 initiative, and other related educational movements.
Staff are responsible for the following:
- Distributing and monitoring federal and state CTE grant funding;
- Planning and coordinating professional development for the field through relevant statewide workshops and conferences;
- Monitoring colleges’ compliance with ICCB Administrative Rules, such as through the Recognition Process; and,
- Providing technical assistance to the colleges on state-level issues and the development of local programs and services.
- Illinois Center for Specialized Professional Support
- Office of Community College Research & Leadership
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Illinois Community College Board
The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB), as the state coordinating board for community colleges, administers the Public Community College Act in a manner that maximizes the ability of the community colleges to serve their communities. As an integral part of the state’s system of higher education, community colleges are committed to providing high-quality, accessible, cost-effective educational opportunities for the individuals and communities they serve.