We invite you to read our FY2020 CTE Annual Report. This report details all the work done by the ICCB CTE staff throughout fiscal year 2020, as well as highlights your Leadership Grant initiatives and outcomes.
A federal grant will allow the ICCB to serve more than 1,600 apprentices in pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs that will lead to employment in the information technology sector.
Join us for the Postsecondary CTE Learning Community! This community is aimed at providing a platform where Perkins Administrators can share effective practices and troubleshoot concerns/issues in relation to Perkins and CTE programs.
In an effort to rethink and re-brand CTE in Illinois, the ICCB created a one-page flyer titled ‘Rethink CTE’. The flyer includes general information on Perkins Reauthorization and expectations as Illinois creates a Perkins State Plan.
July 1, 2019, marks the beginning of a new era in CTE as states begin to implement Perkins V. The new law gives local leaders greater freedom and flexibility and will provide more students with access to high-quality training for in-demand careers.
As our nation continues to fight the pandemic and also begins to respond to the economic downturn that has harmed so many businesses and families, Advance CTE released new tools to help state CTE leaders make the case for CTE to policymakers and other key stakeholders.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) prepares individuals for high-skill, in-demand employment that furthers Illinois’ global competitiveness. Last year, roughly two-thirds (62.2%) of all Illinois community college graduates earned a CTE degree or certificate. CTE programs offer flexible scheduling, work-based learning, and stackable credentials that provide a pathway from education to employment not only for recent high school graduates, but also for returning adults, veterans, and incumbent workers. Success in CTE programming is amplified by academic support services, work-based learning opportunities, and business engagement. CTE’s reach in Illinois’ workforce continues to be expansive; currently, there are over 4,300 different CTE program offerings across the community college system.
Web Maps- Illinois Data can be found here: Webmaps
Visit the COVID-19 webpage for more information
ICCB Coronavirus Guidance
Perkins Application FAQ’s can be found here: Perkins Application FAQ
FY2021 Postsecondary Perkins FAQ’s can be found here:
- ESCO Group HVACR Resources: https://www.escogroup.org/
Online Learning Resources
- Advance CTE’s Resources for Education Institutions Affected by COVID-19.
- ACTE’s CTE Learn for transitioning CTE courses online (free until May 1): https://www.acteonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/CTE-Learn-Offer.pdf
- ACTE’s Distance Learning Resources (includes webinars from CompTIA and Center for Organizational Responsibility and Advancement on equity-minded practices)
- CTE Online- Career & College Ready Starts Here (Curriculum, Projects, Lesson Plans, Resources, Groups, Outline, Standards): https://www.cteonline.org/resources/browse
- Matching Technology to Components of Instruction https://cte.careertech.org/sites/default/files/Components%20of%20instruction.pdf
- NC3’s “Keep CTE Moving Learning Initiative”: www.nc3.net/keep-cte-moving
Visit the ICCB’s COVID-19 webpage for more information: https://www.iccb.org/iccb/coronavirus-guidance-resources/