ICSPS hosted a webinar on Universal Design for Learning designed to support Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools as they plan or may already be delivering courses online because of COVID-19.
All students need equitable access to digital and print materials and technologies used to deliver instruction remotely. Thoughtful approaches will be needed to support all students as learners within a new model for teaching and learning.
This webinar provided an overview of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) practices you can use now to support an effective transition to online learning for all students. Here is the link to the presentation – https://tinyurl.com/vrmggnn.
The webinar recording can be found at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5532291017225207309
In addition, the following resources were shared during the webinar.
- 5 UDL Tips for Fostering Expert Learners
- Wise Feedback
- Process-Based Feedback – Carol Dweck
- Not just feedback – mastery-oriented feedback for higher education
- Mood Meter
- UDL Emotion and Learning
- Section 508
- Playful Journey Lab
- OER (Open Education Resources)
- BC Campus
- Boston College – Video explanation of UDL
- Book Builder
- Research with CAST or share UDL initiatives with us!