Currently, all community colleges in Illinois offer the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), but to meet the increased demand for nurses, special consideration must be given to graduates of ADN programs who wish to complete a baccalaureate degree. If community colleges in Illinois can offer Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs, including RN-to-BSN programs, Illinois can meet the workforce demands for this health care occupation.
- The Illinois Council of Community College Presidents Whitepaper: The Bachelor of Science in Nursing: The Recommendation for Illinois Community Colleges
Letters of Support for Community College BSN Programs
- Advocate Condell Medical Center — College of Lake County Program Endorsement
- Assured Healthcare — College of Lake County Program Endorsement
- Carle Foundation Hospital — Parkland College Program Endorsement
- St. Margaret’s Hospital — Illinois Valley Community College Program Endorsement
- St. Margaret’s Hospital — College of Lake County Program Endorsement