Illinois Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships
The Illinois Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (ILACEP) is the Illinois chapter of NACEP and it began in 2014 as a grass root cadre of concurrent enrollment practitioners and advocates from across Illinois meeting to discuss best practices, opportunities, and challenges. The purpose of ILACEP is to support concurrent enrollment programs through the advocacy of best practices, research, and collaboration that promote student access and completion, program development, professional development, communication, and high quality standards.
Key focus areas include:
- Disseminating the NACEP standards of quality concurrent enrollment programs
- Providing professional development to all interested parties concerning quality concurrent enrollment programs, including discussions for best practices and challenges
- Serving as a state advocate for concurrent enrollment
- Fostering strong partnerships between postsecondary and secondary institutions
- Advocating for concurrent enrollment with stakeholders and legislators