On June 3, 2016, the Illinois Community College Board approved the request of the Illinois Association of Regional Superintendents of Schools (IARSS), in collaboration with the Illinois Community College Board staff, to increase the Illinois High School Equivalency (ILHSE) Official Transcript fee.
The board approved transcript fee increases over the next three fiscal years. Effective July 1, 2016, the ILHSE Official Transcript fee will increase to $6.00 per transcript through June 30, 2017; on July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 the fee will increase to $8.00 per transcript; and the final increase will be on July 1, 2018 and will increase to $10.00 per ILHSE Official Transcript fee.
GED candidates who tested on paper-and-pencil in a Cook County GED testing center from 1942 to December 31, 2013, and Cook County residents who tested for GED, HiSET, or TASC on computer after October 1, 2012 will find their record on file with the Cook County HSE Records office. All others, Click Here for Information on how to obtain your records.
Candidates may make an appointment to visit the Cook County HSE Records office to obtain a certificate and/or transcript by calling 312-814-4488. Appointments in the office are available Monday – Friday (except on state holidays) from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00p.m.). See the list of “Closed Dates” on the right side of this page.
Candidates must present a valid State ID or Driver’s License and bring a cashier’s check or money order for the total amount payable to ICCB-GED. WE DO NOT ACCEPT CASH, CREDIT CARDS, DEBIT CARDS, OR PERSONAL CHECKS.
Individuals picking up another candidate’s HSE certificate or transcript must present a notarized release signed by the candidate granting permission to the Cook County HSE Records Office to issue the certificate and/or transcript. A copy of the Candidate’s photo identification will be required along with the notarized release, complete request form, and payment. The individual picking up the certificate and/or transcript, must present photo identification as well.
To get your Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate or Transcript through the mail, you must:
- Download, print, and complete the Request Form (see below).
- Enclose a cashier’s check or money order payable to ICCB-GED. Do not send cash or personal checks. All fees are non-refundable
- $8.00 per transcript **Effective July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 the fee will increase to $8.00 per ILHSE Official Transcript; and the final increase will be on July 1, 2018 and will increase to $10.00 per ILHSE Official Transcript fee.
- $10.00 per certificate
- Send the Request Form, copy of valid photo identification, other supporting documentation (if needed), and payment to the address below.
Illinois Community College Board
James R. Thompson Center
100 W Randolph St, Ste 2-010
Chicago, IL 60601
ATTN: Cook County High School Equivalency Office
If you are a third-party transcript requester, you must have the following:
- The Request Form (see above) with the candidate’s signature on the form. No electronic signatures.
- A Money order, cashier’s check, or company check for the appropriate amount ($6.00 per transcript / $10.00 per certificate) payable to ICCB-GED.
- Send the Request Form, copy of valid photo identification, other supporting documentation (if needed) and payment to the address on the form.
Certificate and transcripts will be issued in the name used during testing. We do not email or fax any certificates and/or transcripts. Turnaround time is 2 to 3 weeks from the time we receive the request. If the Request Form is incomplete (i.e. missing candidate’s signature, etc.), there is no fee or incorrect payment, all paperwork will be returned to the sender for revision and resubmission.
GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification
For a GED, HiSET, or TASC Verification Letter only, please contact the Cook County HSE Records office at 312-814-4488 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Parties requesting verifications must send a release form authorizing the Cook County High School Equivalency (HSE) Records Office signed by the candidate. The turnaround time is 24 to 72 hours.