Reopening of Illinois High School Equivalency Testing Sites.
The Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) has announced the reopening of high school equivalency (HSE) testing centers in public-facing, private, and walk-in testing facilities beginning June 16, 2020. All test centers must follow the ICCB guidelines for safely reopening, available here.
To determine if a test site has reopened near you, please utilize each respective vendor’s website for registration and scheduling:
Test takers can find additional information on each exam and testing policies here: https://www.iccb.org/adult_ed/illinois-high-school-equivalency/students-test-takers/
Suspension of the U.S. and Illinois State Constitution Test
Due to the COVID-19 virus and the limited access to testing, the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) has approved the suspension of the administration of the U.S. and Illinois State Constitution and the Flag Test (“Constitution Test”) through December 31, 2021. During this period of time when testing is unavailable for the Constitution Test, to avoid undue hardship on test takers, the ICCB will award the Illinois High School Equivalency (HSE) Certification upon successful completion and passage of the GED® or HiSET® exam. This policy is effective February 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
The suspension of the Constitution Test requirement means:
- Anyone who completes and passes an ICCB-approved high school equivalency exam (GED® or HiSET®) based on the State of Illinois requirements between February 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021 will be issued an Illinois High School Equivalency (ILHSE) Certificate.
- Anyone who completed and passed a high school equivalency exam (GED®, HiSET®, or TASC™) but did not pass the constitution test prior to February 1, 2021, will be issued an Illinois High School Equivalency (ILHSE) Certificate upon request.
High school equivalency records are held at the county level in Illinois. To request copies of an official transcript or Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate, candidates must contact the Regional Office of Education for the county where the test was taken.
High school equivalency candidates may find the appropriate Regional Office of Education to contact by searching our ROE locator at: http://iccbdbsrv.iccb.org/roesearch/citysearch.cfm
If you have any questions, please contact the ICCB at: email@example.com
- High School Diploma for Adult Learners Program
- Administrators & ROEs
- Students & Test-Takers
- Ordering Transcripts & Certificates
- HSE Verification Requests
- The U.S. and Illinois State Constitution and Flag Test
Illinois HSE Administrator’s Office Contact Information